26 August 2007

Calvary Chapel Saturday Nights

Now that there are some pics of my classmates that I hang out with (I'll put some more up later)...I thought it'd be cool to post my Sat night peeps that have totally blessed my life with their fellowship. As normal-some were there this past Sat night, and some were gone. But here's an intro to them...


Mike Vick(left) and Dan (right).
Mike is the first person that I really had contact with here in MS other than Pastor Steve. He picked me up the first Saturday and the Bible study was at his place (pictured here). It varies where it is...but Mike is always willing to come pick me up and stuff, even with his ghetto car (pray for him and it...it won't start 75% of the time).
Dan is from northern MS and he just recently (in the last 3 months) moved down her on the direction of the Lord and in faith. He is dating this girl named Kerriann (she's a Korean girl with a southern accent) and she's in Florida. I really like her. She's coming to Biloxi to visit him this upcoming weekend, which is cool cause I'm looking forward to hanging out with her. She also will be moving up here based on blind faith...about late Sept and early Oct.


Left to Right: Brian, Kim and Lori.
Kim is the girl Kim that Pastor Steve was like, "you should hook up with her" she works on base at the hospital. She's cool. Lori has a little boy-he's pictured later on...we don't really talk a lot...but playing spoons-she was injured and taken out.

Seth and Solomon. Seth just graduated from high school and is seeking direction from the Lord. He's Danielle's brother. Solomon just went through AF Fireman training... and will be moving to Scott AFB IL in a few weeks to start as a fireman up there. He's Mike's roommate.

Nate and Jen. Nate is 31 and is CE in the AF and also works at Dominos (he's my hookup whenever we'll do a fat pizza order). I really like him, he has this deep voice like James Earl Jones and he has a cool laugh. He's always talking stories about the airmen in his shop...
Jen Jones-this was the first night that I met her...but she's cool. She has a deep southern accent and she has a nice voice.

This is Danielle. She's my age. We're looking to hang out this weekend before she goes with Seth to see her dad. She's a big spoons fan. Her and Seth took me home last night, which was really cool.


So there's my peeps. I'm missing CJ White (Chaplain's asst on base), and Jay Rush (works in the MPF). But I'll catch them laters...

We're going through a series of books from the Design for Discpleship series (Navpress) and next Saturday we'll gove over chapter 1 (the Call for Fruitful Living) from the 4th book (The Character of a Follower of Jesus). I think perhaps the study will go a little bit easier since I have a book now...and i'm not really trailing behind them.

Speaking of study...Dan (I think he has the gift of evangelism) was sharing about how he was reading in Gen 3:

22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." 23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side F18 of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Now the set up is that after they ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil...they sinned against God and they experienced: Shame, Guilt and Fear. Now even us, as we sin in life we experience these three things. After they sinned, God banned them from the Garden and said they would not eat from the Tree of Life. Which--would seemingly appear to be like a curse, to be a punishment-not allowing us to have it. BUT really it is God's provision. Because had we been able to eat from it, we would never die. We would live forever in this world with Shame, Guilt and Fear.

Then comes Revelation 22:

1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

So we see that in heaven there is the tree of life...that we can partake in...that the leaves will be used to heal the nations..forever.

It reminds me that in God's timing things happen. There is a season for everything...There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven (Ecc 3:1). It reminds me that when this seems like a season of drought, or pain, or fire...THERE IS A REASON for it. Because of God's goodness...because of his provision I am able to trust him that he is in control and would never want to harm me.

mmmm. So good.

Signing off...blessed.

No comments: