01 September 2007

Saturday Night

The time for another Saturday night fellowship...this one a little better. We had some nice interesting arguments...or talks about the Word...then wen did the thing we all love to do...EEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTTT. At Ruby Tuesdays.



CJ White is a chaplain's assistant...he's super fun...he's DEEEERN Crazy.


Kim and June... probably getting teased...


Mike Vick, Navy Chaplain Dave and Brian in the back...


My Southern Korean Girl--Carianne...Well actually she's God's...but I'm borrowing her. ;)


Delicious salad at Ruby Tuesdays...

Overall...it was a good night and I'm blessed to have fellowship...even when class is over.

Today Brian (a classmate) and I volunteered with Urban Life Mission Relief to help work on a house they were building for a single parent mom and her daughter. It's so amazing how much damage Hurricane Katrina really hit this part of the Gulf Coast. It's interesting because most of the publicity is off of New Orleans--perhaps because their damage was so destructive because of the levees to break....and thus flooding. But Katrina never hit New Orleans...

Maybe I'm biased because of the work. But. Still...New Orleans isn't the only place that was damaged, horribly. People are still recovering from this devastating storm--and maybe it's touchy because the two year anniversary was on Thursday...

Anyway. I should sleep. It's practically about 1 am...and I'm getting picked up at 745 for church.

Signing off...tired and blessed to have a roof over my head-

No comments: