16 January 2008

Finances...

As some of you may (or may not) know, sometimes I get a little nuts with the money. Spend it all in one place; then all my allowance is gone. Or something. So I started subscribing to the Crosswalk Financial devotional (it's a weekly thing)...something this morning caught my eye and I wanted to share...

We are to be diligent in our work (Colossians 3:23-24), wise in our spending (Proverbs 21:20), purposeful in our saving (Proverbs 6:6-8), strategic in our investing (Ecclesiastes 11:2), and generous in our giving (2 Corinthians 9:7).

Encouraging I thought. And a great reminder to keep it posted around.

----------------------
Jon Courson devotional

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand . . .

Joshua 5:13 (a)
Throughout the Word, when men find themselves at a crossroads, we see them lifting up their eyes to God in Heaven (Genesis 13:10; 18:2; 24:63; Numbers 24:2; 1 Chronicles 21:16; Daniel 10:5). In this case, Jericho is looming over Joshua. It’s a formidable problem, a massive walled city. Yet Joshua didn’t look down, hide out, or hole up. He lifted his eyes.

As we will see, this Man is none other than a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ. Because Joshua was on the verge of battle, the Lord appeared to him as a Man of war. On the plains of Mamre, the Lord appeared to Abraham as a traveler because Abraham was a pilgrim (Genesis 18). To His disciples, He appeared as a fellow fisherman cooking fish (John 21:7-9). So too, no matter what Jericho is looming ahead of you, don’t look inward; don’t look down; look up and look around. Watch for the Lord appearing to you in the unexpected time and in the unexpected way through the circumstances and people around you.
--------------------------------------------

How encouraging is that?! When are at a low point, and we can't see where we are going or what God has planned in all this...we just lift our eyes to heaven and trust in Him...what an awesome God yeah?

-------------------------------------------

Life is sure busy. Like I probably said earlier, with the classes and the homework, and the practically running everyday with a couple people from my flight...it's been an interesting but seemingly rough start to this 6 week adventure. But then I look and realize, we are almost a third of the way done. AND THAT IS ENCOURAGING. But God has totally been faithful...our prayer and worship night was blessed; I meant another girl who's been married just as long (anniversary the 23rd or the 3rd of June 06)... and hopefully this morning we get to meet up before class to get some study time in the Word downstairs at a little cafe area. It's cool. I'm excited. But with that in mind...I gotta get rolling and ready for the day.

Thank you for the prayers, please remember I have this huge test on Friday...pray that I would be faithful in my studies and academics, and trust in the Lord's provision and deny the lies of Satan about my previous failures.

Aloha and may God be blessed by your life!

No comments: