27 January 2008

An update...with pics

Well, I can't remember the last time I updated. It's been a while I know. The internet always has random issues (but thankfully, this past weekend was the most long running bit of internet). I've slept in a little in the mornings, some mornings I've walked over to the building where classes are (SOC) early so I can try to get into the word before class starts. I was hoping that others would want to join, but so far of the few days I've gone, only one other person has showed up--on one occasion. But my morning spurts of internet are short.
Then comes the afternoons-after class there is usually a shower to be taken (if we worked out), or time to work out on my own, dinner to be eaten, groups to meet up for--studying, or the prayer/worship night, or errands to be run (groceries, BX, dry cleaning). So needless to say...it's been busy. And tiring. I've come to the conclusion that ideally I need 8 hours of sleep, and if class starts at 7, I should leave my room around 620 to read in the mornings, so wake up around 530-545...I have to be in bed by 930 or so. Which...is hard. ASBC is all about balance...time management...and prioritizing. That's what I've come to realize.

Below are some pics from our adventures. We've had a lot, and it's been fun.


We had the pleasure of hearing Gene Kranz speak...he's the man from Apollo 13 who was in charge...the one that had all the different vests...this is the man.


We went out to dinner the first weekend---to nothing other than the Olive Garden (yummy!!)


We had some mandatory fun at "Take it the max" free food. We can't complain too much.


Some of the weather officers had a reunion...Mike and Kim drove down to see us. :)


We went to New Orleans to see the sight and sounds, and had to deal with Gene who injured himself the Thursday before we left.

No comments: