05 February 2008

Pure Joy

James 1:2-4 (NIV)
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I was angry.
I tried to talk to someone about it...leading me with no answers.
I tried to talk to the person, and apologize for getting so angry with them (expecting an apology for being wronged) and upon not getting one...closed my door...
Grabbed my pillow and started to beat my backpack a few times...collapsed and screamed at the top of my lungs into said pillow. Continued to start crying. Upset. Furious. Frustrated. "Why can't I just let it go?"
No sooner had I hung up the phone trying to get a hold of Marcus and left a message...did little Miss Helena send me a text...James 1:2-4...as soon I as I read the "Consider it pure joy" I knew what it was talking about.
I started to cry some more. But this time...because my eyes were open...to this opportunity that God had given me. What a joyous occasion. The Lord set up the situation, and gave me a chance--to consider it pure joy.
I could stay angry and upset and in a pity party. I could consider it pure joy.
With his help...I swallow my pride...and consider it pure joy.

Thank you God. For being so merciful. For being...so awesome. Beyond my expectations, beyond my ability to comprehend. Forgive me Lord... for losing sight...and letting go of you. Thank you. For bringing me back.

No comments: