27 September 2008

Get up and eat...

I was deeply saddened when I got home from work... someone had expressed about how I had given off a "holier than thou" feeling and I was like, dangit, I'm supposed to be a light to my coworkers and loving them... not giving off this impression. (So when you get a chance, if you could remember me in prayer for this. I really don't want to give off this impression, and want to really be able to love on them genuinely and be an example of Christ's love and not the Pharisee's judgement).

Anyway. I opened my Bible hoping God would direct me to a passage, and he did (he is so faithful!). It was 1Kings 19: 4-21.

Something that really stood out to me was that Elijah says to the Lord, "I have had enough Lord, take my life, I am no better than my ancestors" and then an angel touches him and gives him food to eat... and tells him, "get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you" and he was "strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God" and it reminded/convicted me about spending time in the Word. They say that the Bible is like our spiritual food, and perhaps I am at this point of "giving up" is because I haven't been reading the Word as much as I used to in the past. I've been so caught up in "life" or busy-ness... that I don't even spend time with my beloved Savior anymore. So here, an angel tells Elijah-- GET UP and EAT... because the journey of life is too much for you!!

Wow. So awesome. Then reading more you read about how the Lord talked to him... not in a powerful wind or earthquake or anything, but "after the fire came a gentle whisper" and I thought about how fire represents trials... and seemingly after Elijah went through many trials... the Lord spoke to him in a gentle whisper.

Word. Our Lord is so amazing yeah?

Just wanted to share something... time to get ready for work.

Alohas, and God bless-

No comments: