24 March 2009

At last...

Hello!

I'm only writing because I'm relatively horribly sick... and I am on quarters for 48hrs (Civilian translation: sent home from work for 2days). Although I'm off tomorrow, so really, not having to work today. Still grateful tho. The doc (midwife) gave me some cough medicine and little gel capsules to help subdue a horrendous cough I've managed to acquire. It's pretty bad. I won't go into details, but sometimes I cough so hard it's like I'm throwing up. Ok, enough details.

Marcus took this pic of me when I was home sick. I thought it wrapped up well how I felt...


Oh but anyway. The point of this post was to really tell you that... we have a crib! Well, we will have a crib by this afternoon. I had come to the conclusion I wanted a mini crib (smaller than regular size, and can still be used as headboards for a twin bed)...to save on space in our apt. These are hard to come by on Craigslist (trying to be thrifty), and run between $180-$300 (at least) through stores. I was also debating between white or cherry wood coloring for our crib and changing table...


I thought I'd randomly put up a WTB (want to buy) ad on Craigslist... just to see if anyone out there had a mini crib and were thinking about getting rid of it... I could urge them to sell it. Needless to say that day I got a response from a lady that had gotten two mini cribs for her baby shower, and was going to get rid of her other one.. a cherry wood color! Below is the store picture... The only thing is that apparently it's missing the wheels. She said when they put it together they weren't in the box... but it's ok, the stoppers are in the box (to prevent from rocking).



I just wanted to share this huge blessing. I mean, the timing is a bit earlier than I was expecting... but it was only $130! Plus it's totally brand new. It was scary though, she responded to me on Sunday and I had been out of the house ALL day and didn't get to check my email (perhaps a reason to get a blackberry :P) so I responded Sunday night and didn't hear back from her all day Monday. I thought she had probably sold it, and was a little bummed because it seemed so perfect. Apparently another couple had responded to her ad and was going to look at it Monday night, but they wanted to put it together in the parking lot (to make sure it's all there?) but this poor lady is ready to pop, and her husband is out of town.. she wasn't very excited about having to wait while they put it together. Needless to say, she liked me better/God worked it out and Marcus will be picking up the crib today before work (she is really close to his workplace). Even though I don't have to work today, I don't think I have enough in me to go out to Wahiawa and pick it up and drive back to town... so I'll have to wait until Marcus comes home with it tomorrow.

We won't be putting it together yet, I need to clear out the extra room (huge motivation now!)... but still. Isn't it cool how God worked it out?

-----------------
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments: