12 April 2009

Bring the Rain...

Today was the third last day of 12hr shifts (I start 8hrs on the 20th)... and it was a little long. Marcus called me and told me it was such a beautiful day outside, it made me excited because I realized that after work for PT while everyone was playing softball (I've sworn off sports, I'm too competitive and get too into it...and increasing my chance of injury) I would head to the pool on base (that closed at 5-I finish at 4) ... but I had to talk to someone and then I got lost trying to find the bloody place. Then I get there--and they closed early!! The nerve! Then I'm driving around base thinking maybe I'll go to Scott pool (on Pearl Harbor, next to Hickam) and instead I completely miss the gate (turned right when should have turned left and was not turning around)... so at this point I'm like, whatever I'm going home. I'll swim in the ocean. Then I get lost in Hickam housing and end up in all these dead ends. I'm starting to get really really frustrated. I finally get off base and turn on my radio...

What song starts playing? "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me...

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain?

I was soo convicted. How many times have I sung this during church, and told myself that no matter what, I would desire to praise him. Regardless of my sitatuation. Even on this Easter Sunday, when I remember all that he suffered so I could be with him.. *sigh* so undeserving.

The Lord has blessed me incredibly. Marcus came with me to Kaimaina's so I could swim in the ocean (to get a work out). Then we stopped at Safeway for some grub AND some delicious Cold Stone (coffee ice cream with heath bar, oreo, peanut butter, and roasted almonds).

That's it. Soon time for bed... and what a great night of sleep it'll be!

Happy Easter-God bless. May you know how much you are loved...by the Creator of the Universe.

No comments: