21 April 2009

Labor and Delivery Tour...

Hello all! *hi Natasha!*

Well, Monday marked the transition into the third trimester. Which also marked the week that I needed to get my glucose screening test. Which, means I get to drink this sugary drink and then sit in the lab for an hour and then they take your blood. Actually, I was expecting the drink to be a lot worse than it was, but really it tasted like a flat orange soda. And Z only kicked like a few times in reaction to it... and I just got tired (could have been from a little stressful afternoon) but all pau. Think the results come in during my appt on Thursday.

Man, talk about getting fat. I had a really good swim workout Sunday and this lady asked me when I was due I told her July. She was like, "o that's a ways away." Then she asked me if I was having twins, I laughed and just said, "no I'm just fat." lol. Sigh....although I did eat so much today after our labor and delivery tour that I felt like my stomach was going to explode, like my skin felt super tight...oh my. What is going to come of this? :)

Anyway. The L&D tour was interesting. Definitely reminds me that I'm having a hard time with this whole, 'going natural' thing. I mean, after watching "Business of being born" I'm not sure anyone could really not be changed by that movie. But sometimes, the reactions of people, it's super discouraging... Then I'm reminded of what David wrote in Ps 142 " Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life." Right after that he says, "I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living." ' (v4-5). Point being that humans, though they might mean well, they disappoint. We're all inherently sinful, and there not perfect, therefore letting each other down. The only one who doesn't is God. Our abba daddy who takes care of us. And it's like David writes that right after he feels like no one cares--to remind himself that it's ok because God's on his side. Anyway. I tell people I want to go natural (because it comes up) and they're like, "WHY?!" I feel like I have no real reason. I mean, there's a feedback loop between Pitocin and Epidurals dragging out labor, making it more intense, causing stress to baby potentially causing for an emergency csection. And indeed there are no real medical findings that neither pitocin or epidural is bad for baby... but really. Millions of women have done it without it, so why can't I? This might be my only chance to survive something this magnificant. I was designed for this. The thing that man cannot do, give birth. I have been blessed with an opportunity to deliver life into this world, and I want to try. I know it'll be hard. Don't get me wrong. I'm not expecting a calm peaceful delivery. But I do pray that the Lord gives me strength and favor, and I'm able to deliver naturally...

That's a load off my chest... for now that'll be it. Happy day! God bless!
B&Z

2 comments:

HEATHER said...

i didn't know you were going all natural. i'm sure you'll do awesome. people just don't understand and always have to get their opinion in there! you're almost there, here's to the homestretch!

Sarah said...

A ways aways... my booty!!! It's coming so fast I can't keep up!!!