08 April 2009

Some pics...and people's comments

I have to update from the PC where all the pics are uploaded (trying to figure out how to get pics directly from camera to internet from Mac gives me a headache, since I don't want the pics on the Mac and the PC). Anyway. Here are some pics for you...(whomever you may be).




4 Apr-Debutante Ball shirt (work black pants and heels). 25w5d.


This is from 8 Apr (26w, 3d) and I think it looks bigger since there's no print on my stomach. Or because it's farther away (mirror vs me sticking my arm out)


I've also come to some conclusions recently... people will offer you advice, even if you don't ask for it. They will also ask you the same questions: boy or girl, name, and middle name. Then the bold ones dare to ask you how much weight you've gained. I'm starting to wonder if people with self-image issues shouldn't get pregnant, until they're over said issues. I thought that pregnancy and having an excuse to be big would help me... but not really. In fact, it might be getting worse. *sigh* At least I'm relatively honest, and sometimes I say, "too much so far," or I give them a number... I dunno. Although of all the people that have asked me how much weight, no one has volunteered how much they gained... hmmph.

In my honesty and openness I show you my beloved stretch marks. Good thing this is the pic without the flash, man the one with the flash shows the stretch marks more. And man are they scary looking!

Regrettably someone told me that by rubbing Vit E on my tummy would help, but apparently it needed to be 1000units vs the 400 that I have now. No point in wasting it, so I still put it on. I don't think it's helping. I'm just coming to the conclusion that this pregnancy is not glorious or beautiful as others have had... and this is my own story. My own weird pregnancy story. :P

Alas... speaking of weight gain, I think I wrote about the dreaded midwife appt where she freaked out cause I weighed in at 183 (almost a 30lb weight gain)... that was like 3 weeks ago. She was like, "If you keep this up, you'll be well over 50lbs by the time you give birth." That was enough to scare the crap out of me... so I've started working out more, and trying to be consistent. As well as watching what I eat (don't worry, I still splurge-mm sweets are the weakness!). Just being careful and making sure I eat healthy. Needless to say, I haven't gained any weight the past 3 weeks (phew) and hopefully I can keep this trend up for the next few weeks at least.

Speaking of eating! Man... I can't eat like I used to. I mean, the quantity. Perhaps it's good, but I'm still having a hard time adjusting to smaller amounts. For example, Marcus and I ate at Pancake house this morning, about 10amish, maybe 1030. I had 1.5 pancakes, 1/2 scp of rice, and 1/2 omelette. I was stuffed! Like, stinkin stuffed. It's 1600 and I'm barely starting to get hungry. Anyway.

I'm going to try this yoga place by my house. It's $10 for the first class... and some amount afterwards... but it's a special prenatal yoga class. I want to see if it can help with my back pain, and just to see what the class does. That's another thing, back pain. Holy smokes I feel like an old lady. No joke. In the morning I wake up and I have to wash my face over the sink...man do I ache bending over....I'm starting to do the heat pack on the lower back thing. Helps a little, but still.

*sigh* About 14 weeks left of this adventure. I keep thinking, "Man, I'm only going to get bigger" and then I end up thinking, "and it's only going to get worse." lol. O well. It's a blessing. Who knows how childcare will end up, but we know the Lord has a plan, and he wouldn't give us more than we can handle.

Off to do some incline walking (10min) then shower and off to yoga. Hope I don't get too hot or sweaty, cause I'll have Bible study afterwards...Hmm. :/

Toodles!

1 comment:

Somayeh said...

Don't worry! Taking care of and running after the kiddo, in addition to your normally active lifestyle, will take care of the pregnancy weight. :) Not talking from experience, but it's just what I've observed.

(Hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I suppose I should write one of my own, since I'm always reading other peoples' and I'm starting to feel guilty about it!)