10 July 2009

Forgot to mention...

In all my excitement about the appointments and my jaw, I forgot to mention that my bike was stolen last weekend. Monday morning I opted not to go to water aerobics because of time crunch and errands and all, plus Sarah wasn't going so it just wasn't worth it for me to drive out to Pearl Harbor so Marcus and I were going to go the beach. I opened the cabinets to grab the noodles out and I saw a pair of keys on the ground. Then I looked up and realized my bike was gone. We had used a Ulock to go around the tire and the frame, and then a thick wire cable to go around the other tire and hook it to the pipe in our stall. It seems that our gate was broken since Saturday afternoon (left open), so it's likely someone came in, saw it (cause I worked that weekend and the truck wasn't there to block the view) and then thought it'd be a good to cut the cable and take the bike. Needless to say we're not sure if the keys belonged to the thief or something, but we turned them into the cops. Fortunately we have condo insurance and they'll pay for a replacement minus the $250 deductible. Although right now it's not high on the to do list... but thankfully Marcus is taking care of it. From now on, my bike stays in the house. It was in the house this whole time until we opted to move it to help make room for baby... I thought it'd be ok...I guess not. :/

Oh well, in the end it doesn't really matter... but I still want to do the Honolulu Triathlon next year...and it seems that the insurance will work stuff out.

That's it. I forgot to mention it. I think. Think I had some contractions this morning, so when I was meeting Leanne for lunch I opted to walk over (about 10min walk) hoping it would do something... then walked back home. not sure it did much. Although I'm pretty sure I lost my plug. Good sign (I guess) although it doesn't really mean much. That's the hard thing about this whole labor thing... really, all this stuff happens but there is no time frame for it at all. Just cause you're 3cm doesn't mean anything. Just because you lost your mucus plug doesn't mean anything... catch my drift? I guess I just need consistent contractions... that's all. :D

I seemed to have lost some of my nesting... kind of since the biopsy... but I might have gotten some if it back. I'm thinking of tackling the baby room again... I kind of find myself really tired lately...took a small nap this morning after reading...might lay down again before I head to the pool around 3... I wanna see if I can swim and/or do some water stretches...

2 comments:

pM said...

Oh my! You are incredible. And indescribably strong and tough! Wow.

I like you!!!!! :D

Somayeh said...

When's the Honolulu Tri? I was actually thinking of doing one next year... :)

Good luck today! I'm so excited to read what you have to write about the whole experience.