13 September 2009

Holy Smokes!

He is now 2 months old! A whole two months! (Ok, well technically it's Sunday, but it's still Saturday to me). I can't believe I've been a mom for two months. I can't believe that two months ago...little Zeke blessed us with his presence. It's hard to believe.

Hard to believe minus the 3days I worked that weekend at the end of August, I haven't worked in two months. It'll be rough going back, getting into the weather swing of things, getting back into the life of 12-hr shifts, plus a baby. Although, I'm not sure I'll actually have time to "get into the swing of things" since my surgery is scheduled for October 16th. It made me realize today that I'll return to work for less than a month until I have to be gone again (for 3-4 weeks? ish?) for recovery. Speaking of which, our pre-op surgery appointment is next week. I need to start writing down questions that I want to ask... like-how badly will my face look after surgery-for how long. I understand initial swelling and stuff, but...will my face be relatively botched for the next 6months until they start putting in implants and all? What kind of food can I eat while recovering? How long will it take to eat solids? Jaw wired shut or rubber bands? Quarters or Convalescent leave? [One is much easier than the other]. How long will it take for me to be able to work out again after surgery? So much to think about. Good thing Marcus used our points to get us an IHome FM/AM radio player.. meaning my little one can come to the hospital with me for recovery...and I won't feel bad. :)

My mom is finally here. Postponed her flight twice and she got here Friday night (last night). Such a blessing. Today, she watched the baby while we went to the beach to swim and get some Vitamin D (ya'll know how I get with beautiful weather outside and I'm cooped up inside)...then she watched him some more while we went to Coffee Bean --he read and I did hw. Which is what I'm supposed to be doing now. 75pt paper due Monday at 1900... I'm almost done with the first paragraph--worth 12pts. But I'd like to think this is the hardest paragraph? I dunno.

Before my mom got here the rabbit got here. He kinda lives a pimped out life. We don't close his cage door since he doesn't like our flooring (too slipper), and there's a dog training pad outside his door so he can have more room to cruise...I dunno. I think he's spoiled. Too bad he doesn't clean up after himself OR use the litter box like he's supposed to. Weird, I just saw him stretch-like a cat. With his butt all in the air and his back legs straight. Who'da thought?

Alright. Back to HW. I need to finish, so I can do CardioX, so I can sleep. I hope I get to do CardioX. I'm not sure 30min of ocean swimming/kicking is good enough for a workout. Reminding me, I saw a large sea turtle today at Kaimaina's. I was pulling to the left and I happened to look over... I literally SCREAMED underwater-- because it scared me. Ugh sandy water. I hate sandy water... I can't see things come up... like the suckin turtle. O well. Cool, but still scared the heck out of me.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Time really does fly! I can't believe its been so long since I last saw you!!!! Mark and I need to plan a trip your way, I miss ya girly!

Good luck with the surgery...let me know if you need anything. I'm really good at emotional support! Take care!!