18 November 2009

Hubbies are great...

"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." (ps145:3)

Even though he kinda made me mad last night (see earlier post)...we went to Tripler this morning for a walk in. The Oral Surgery department has kind of like, walk in hours for surgery patients between 7 and 9 most mornings, so we didn't want to chance it and tried to get there as soon as possible (even tho I slept at like midnight last night...so obviously not TOO early --I think the vicodin wakes me up... Anyway.

I saw Dr. Closmann this morning, and because he was sick Monday, he didn't have a baseline, but he wasn't happy with the swelling either (good job hubster!). Then he started poking and prodding. And I had to keep repeating, "Consider him who endured such opposition..." (Heb 12:3) through the whole thing. He told me that his gut feeling was telling him he needed to go back in. I fought back the tears. Thankfully, he said if they had to go back in they'd put me under and they wouldn't do it in the clinic (no local anesthesia). He did want me to get a CT scan so they could get a better idea, and then I'd be back tomorrow morning so they could go over a game plan. I told him this is the third morning in a row I've been nauseas and nothing has changed with me taking my meds and what I'm eating...his first question (as always being a woman) is- "Are you pregnant?" I responded.. NOPE. He said, "I've seen it happen before." I wanted to be like... uh-- no one feels like making love after jaw surgery. But I didn't say anything and just told him I wasn't pregnant. So he opted to change my antibiotics since it's probably making me nauseas. I also asked him if this was my fault (the infection)...he laughed and said I had a victim complex (it's all my fault--hmm wonder where that came from). Anyway. He said this wasn't me. In fact, I was an "ideal" patient. He just said it's one of those things, a drunk person falls off a bridge and lives, a perfectly healthy person falls off and dies. He said I'd had a great attitude this whole time...and it made me grateful that God gave me the strength to hold back tears. To uphold that attitude, and really, God is on my side-what do I have to fear? (Ps 27:1)

Marcus and I headed up to check in for the CT scan, and then he took my ID to get my new antibiotics. I wasn't excited about the CT scan in case I needed to have contrast again (remember last time, burning skin all over?). So I started trying to memorize Hebrews 12:1-3 because that's all I could hold on to. Really. When I was thinking about recovering from another surgery (as minor as it might have been, I'd still be under *thankgoodness* and still have a recovery). I was also thinking about the CT scan and the burning...

I got a little snippy with the technician putting my IV in (I told her I was sorry later), because last time I had a contrast they really didn't need it (or it would appear that way, since I had to go back and get another one and they didn't do the contrast). I kept reading it over and over...and then it was time for the scan. Thankfully, it didn't burn as much as I remembered. I kept thinking, "Consider him... who endured such opposition... so that you might not grow weary..."

Got home and started resting. I was on the phone with someone when I missed a call, which ended up being Dr. Closmann. He told me there's another antibiotic they want me on (after considering my cultures from the infection earlier), and at this time there was no need to go back in to get rid of anything. He asked if someone could get to Tripler to get the antibiotics today...and so my mom took the baby after lunch today. Praise God right? Not another surgery. I was relieved.

Anyway, wanted to share that with ya'll.
Back to resting...and nap time!

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Heb 12:1-3

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Brenda, you're faith and strength through this continues to impress me,even though I knew you had it in you. I have faith in God and you. And hubbies are great :)