06 March 2010

Aah...life...

I have racer's regret. I get very excited for races and then the night before the race I'm ALWAYS thinking, "What the heck was I thinking?!!?!" No different for this race. This race... the Ft. DeRussy Biathlon (run/swim). I've done this race at least since 2006. I'd check, but the baby would be bothered and probably won't help my case in getting him in sleep.

Anyway... I worked night shift Wed/Thurs night so I got home Fri morning and completely passed out 0830 until Marcus brought the baby in at 1630. Anyway, I went to bed around 0030 Fri night since Marcus took me out to dinner and the David Crowder worship concert (AAAAMAZING!) Needless to say I told Marcus that my goal was to get up at 0530, and leave at 0600 (race started at 0700). However, the baby woke up around 0430 and needed some comforting. The next thing I knew, Marcus is asking me what time I was leaving. I said (in a very mean tone--sorry babe), "I told you, get up at 0530, leave at 0600" then he responded with, "It's 0600..." AAAAAH!

So I rolled out of bed, made it just in time... met up with with McIntosh, Breen, and Framsted from work...and surprising Oravetz. Got all marked up and ready for the race. Thankfully I remembered my shuffle, music was a great addition. I thought I'd be walking this race. I was sad about not being able to run the race...and since every year I've placed... either by default or actually working for it. It would take a lot of my pride being humbled not placing this year. But when it came push to shove, starting it with everyone... I couldn't not try to run. So I did... I jogged. And I kept jogging. The first time I jogged for a whole 4:30! I think with the adrenaline and healing, I wasn't in as much pain as I was once. Eitherway, I jogged, I walked, I jogged, and walked again... I am horribly out of shape, but it was awesome. I finished in about 32:41 (my time), with a great swim of less than 13min. Minus transition... Anyway. It was great to be back in the "race" :)

I made a shirt the night before, I wanted to make it obvious the reason I wasn't running like everyone else, it said, "Ameloblastoma WON'T slow me down...ok maybe a little..."i press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14.

Anyway...had a great time, was super pooped. Now I'm fighting a cold, or something. Runny nose, sneezing... :/

Well, it doesn't appear the baby wants to sleep, and time for a little cuddling and bottle.
G'night!

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Phil 3:12

3 comments:

Sarah said...

AH! I'm so stoked for you Bren! Go girl =) *Biggest hug ever!*

natalie said...

So proud of you! I am just now walking around again after a spinal tap and the subsequent blood patch (not fun to say the least)... maybe I will find out whats going on with me soon!

how is the jaw feelin?

littlemissnoname said...

I am really proud of you my friend! Well done. Finish strong the race that is before you!