27 April 2010

Well...

So I was asked this evening why I haven't been blogging.
My response was: I haven't been reading. Not completely true, but mostly true.
My second response was: because all I want to do is complain, and yet I know that through this, I should still PRAISE Him. Because He is *most WORTHY to be praised. (Ps 145:3)

I read with Sherri (and in the presence of Brandon) at Glazers on Monday. What a surprise and a blessing. Although, I think if God hadn't put some questions on Sherri's heart, I'm not sure I would have walked away so blessed. We're reading through 1 Corinthians, and that morning she was thinking about the end of chapter 2. Paul goes on from the end of ch1 into ch2 about how the world's take on wisdom is different than the wisdom of God. He talks about how he "resolved to know nothing except Jesus Christ and him crucified..." (v2) and then at the end of the chapter he quotes Isaiah 40:13 " 'For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?' BUT we have the mind of Christ."

At first earlier she had asked, well what is Christ and him crucified? And then, what does that mean, "We have the mind of Christ." Isn't that arrogant? It brought up a lot of good points... about promises made to us, and how even though we can be arrogant in our salvation, most importantly, we must remember...Jesus Christ and him crucified...

Philippians 2:1-11
Imitating Christ's Humility
1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death--
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

That was Monday. Today's reading was disrupted by cranky child, and not picked up again.

Another reason no blogging-bejeweled blitz. It's like crack. Really. Worse than donut holes.

But tomorrow is another day. And I'm meeting with Sachi in the morning in 7hrs, at our favorite starbucks (well, we all know how I feel about starbucks), but still.

the Word and Fellowship - no better way to start off my day before my appt at tripler for my followup.

I'll let you know how it goes.

g'night!

No comments: