14 August 2010

wOoW

Today I went to spin class. For the first time in about two years I'd say. I used to go a lot, when I was in my "pre-pregnancy weight loss" kick... then I got preggo and morning sickness. Then I got non-cancerous jaw bone eating tumor...

Needless to say, I wanted to chicken out. I was thinking, "I could just stay at work, I mean, I am sure I have lots of things to do..." but I had already asked if I could go (and have a little bit extra time, cause 90 min is a little tight when attending a 60 min class that you have to get there 10 min early to make sure you get a bike...and you gotta change out of your uniform before then).

But I wanted to go. So I did.

I told her I was a newbie, and she helped me set up my bike. It felt weird to not have my clip-ins (I think I need new ones, my feet practically stayed same pregnancy larger size)... and I kept thinking to myself, "Don't push too hard, your muscles are weak, they need to build up, last thing you want is to be dying walking around cause your hip hurts too much..."

So I ignored her a couple times when she told us to up the gear...and I pushed. And I pushed... and then at one point, I found myself fighting tears. I don't know why really. I cannot say. I think they were tears of joy, because this was the first time I had really been able to push. And this was the first time, I almost felt normal. I shed a couple, I doubt anyone noticed a couple tears on my cherry red face, and I wiped them off with the sweat...

But I remembered- You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. (Psalm 18:28-29)

Today, my God helped me scale a wall...

1 comment:

Kimberly Shigeoka said...

I'm glad to hear that you had such a good moment :)