25 November 2010

Hmm...

Well I guess it's been a while hunh? It's funny, I don't really get any emails complaining about a lack of post, I just get monthly emails updating me with life, and then I try to respond back with an update on us.

Thanksgiving is today (but tomorrow to me, since I haven't gone to bed yet). I was dreading it because I'm not really sure what we were responsible for, other than hosting the location. Needless to say I was very cranky and anti-cooking... so I guess not *having* to cook anything was actually good, especially since I worked a swing shift tonight. But, after perusing the long overdue blogger dashboard, I saw mama heada's Pot Roast recipe, and BOY did it look like something I needed to do. And I asked Marcus if there was something he wanted, and he said ham. Random (to me at least), and slightly freaked me out, since he told me Tuesday night, and again, I worked 4pm-midnight on Wednesday, and people were coming over to our place around 10 on Thursday...

Thankfully my two meetings were cancelled today before work, so after my orthodontist appt, I headed to run some errands, including the commissary. Unfortunately by this point I was deliriously hungry (you know, the shakes, and the pit in your stomach, and so hungry you want to just eat canned food)... so I thought, "Hey, why not? Make a pot roast!" So I bought ingredients (good thing all I needed was cream of mushroom soup & meat, I had the french onion powdered soup at home). I also bought a brown sugar & honey ham (to be heated tomorrow), and some yams... just in case I changed my mind and wanted to make something for Thanksgiving...

Low & behold I found an amazingly delicious sounding recipe from eatingwell.com (a favorite of mine)... and instead of sweet potatoes I figured I'd use my yams.

So here I am, 0151 in the morning... waiting for the yams to be done so I can put them in the fridge (to be reheated after the ham in the morning), and excited that the pot roast recipe is a crockpot recipe. :D


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I want to know how it turned out!! I hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving!