24 January 2011

Dinner...

It might sound weird to a lot of you, but I cooked dinner today. Followed a recipe and everything. I've come to realize since pregnancy I've really stopped cooking, and we eat out a lot. Someone at work recommended "E-Mealz" where I pay $5/month to have 5 meals/week (with specialized menus) planned out, with directions and a shopping list for the week. It's part of my goal to help reduce money being spent, and food being wasted. I often buy food with good intentions...and don't actually use it (thus wasting). So tonight I made a spinach chicken bake which consisted of canned chicken, frozen (but thawed and drained) spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and 3 egg yolks, topped with parmesan and thrown in the oven. It was interesting. I haven't really cooked since the New Year's Eve feast... so it was kind of nice.

Hopefully I can keep it up. :)

At least, until my dinners consist of liquified foods... :P

No comments: