01 February 2011

3 weeks...

I find it ironic (or better-God's timing is interesting), that I started this week (Sunday) doing a Shred workout. And decided that I would use the remaining time before my surgery to work out every day. And then the very next day I wake up with an itchy throat, and coughing. Which turned worse today, into sore throat, fighting fever, and worse coughing. *sigh* My big thing through this season of life (getting cut open time and time again) is I don't want to miss whatever God is doing in my life. Needless to say I try to reflect a lot, to see if I'm even growing at all. So at this point in time, when I made my own goals about what I wanted to do, by my own strength, I'm reminded that it's not about that. It's written that "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13) so it's a reminder that it's not by anything of me, but all through Him that I am able to accomplish.

Perhaps it's a good reminder before this (prayerful) last surgery, that everything is not dependent on me, in actuality, it all depends on Him.

No comments: