22 February 2011

The final hours...

(well I started this blog the night before surgery, but I'm wrapping it up the day after)

I'll have to go back and check, but I'm not sure if I've posted the day before surgery, or so close to that time. I thought, this would be a good time to reflect, since my mind tends to get hazy around surgery times.

Let's start by saying that last night, Marcus & I spent the night at the Waikiki Marriott, and it was totally awesome. Such a blessed time getting away from "life" and getting to be with each other before this new journey begins. This morning's breakfast was from the buffet at the Kuhio Grill & Bar, I had french toast, belgian waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs, rice with ume, papaya and watermelon. Quite the assortment, and totally worth the price (they had a special, $20. Considering the cost of a normal entree, definitely a steal for the variety). Then we cruised around the hotel a little and checked out. The day carried on without much exciting things (laundry, kid nap) and ended with hanging out with Lei & the kids for a bit before getting kid ready for bed and leaving him with daddy while I went to read at CB&TL (since I failed to earlier while kid was napping :/ ). It was blessed. Sherri came to visit for a little bit (we had to make amends) and then I read until they closed.

When I walked into CB&TL I felt like it hit me, this was it. I felt like I was on death row or something (probably so dramatic since I had watched the recent episode of Private Practice earlier), but it was like; "This is the last delicious drink I will get for a while, what do I want?" As I sat down to read and listened to Shane & Shane; it was hard. But it would be worth it. It seemed like every day was more painful than the last, my left side of my jaw was being overworked, and was starting to hurt more and more. Especially after my PT test on Friday. I had to go through with it.

No comments: