06 March 2011

Blessings!

In so many forms!

Let's see- Sachi came over today to originally babysit, but since she wasn't on the original schedule, and I forgot to tell Marcus (who then hadn't told mom), when she came over the kid was out with mom at the park. So Sachi and I got to hang out and talk. I asked if she'd be willing to go have QT since Marcus was going to go hang with the Qs (I'd go, but they were going to make dinner and eat, and it's hard for me to be around that *see yesterday's post* but Marcus is stronger than I am, so he went. PLUS they always make such delicious food). Anyway. After an hour or so catching up, we headed to Manoa's CB&TL (I wasn't quite in the mood to trek out to Kahala, plus I thought I might want to order a tea latte). By the time we got there I wasn't in the mood for a tea latte, but I settled for a glass of their Moroccan Mint tea, which needed two sticks of honey, but it's cheap. And then I got to read!

I've been unfaithful the past few days (as noted by my hours of watching Glee last night and not sleeping until 4am :/) so to sit down with headphones, music, in a setting other than home was nice.

Check this out - 2 Corin 1: 8b-11
We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

Isn't that awesome? Yesterday I posted verses 3 & 4, but to finish reading the section "God of all comfort" was such a blessing. Really. How can you read this and not be encouraged? I mean, we go through things beyond our own ability to endure, so that we don't rely on ourselves, but on God! The God who overcame the thing we cannot- death! The all powerful, all knowing, ever-present God. Who has delivered us and will continue to deliver us. The part about prayers was even more exciting-- just to have it all tie in. It was a great time of reading with Sachi.

Then I got home, and there was bowel movement! After getting home from church this morning, I was frustrated I didn't have one yet. So I re-read the box, and apparently I'm supposed to take TWO ex-lax pills (and I had only taken one). So I took another one and went down for the count. When I woke up, I was hungry and thirsty (this is when Sachi came over), and I had almost the entire mix of cream of chicken soup. Made me think perhaps part of the problem is that I'm not taking in enough liquids. Ironic since that's all I do take in, but I don't really make an effort to stay "hydrated" like I used to when I ate regular food. Now I only drink when I have to take medicine, or of I'm actually hungry, but I don't really drink the amounts of water as I once did (shame, I know). So I think drinking the large glass of tea, with ex-lax and multiple prayers from others, helped move me. Or my intestines at least. Which brings me back down to 158.2lbs :) *phew* That's nice to see.

My last blessing...I received a FB message from Lena, a woman who has her own business doing make-up and eyebrows on the island. I had purchased a groupon for her business, paying $17 (normally $35) for her to do my eyebrows at the end of January. They were fantastic. I stared at my eyebrows for days after I had them down. So beautiful, so me! Anyway, I wrote a yelp review on my experience (my first one ever)...

5 star rating
3/3/2011
Okay, first let me say I am in no way a foo foo girl. I don't go out to clubs, I'm in the military, and I hardly ever wear makeup. And I'm incredibly cheap. Which is why when this deal came up in groupon to have my eyebrows done by a *real* professional for only $17, I was stoked.

I, too, had a bad experience with eye brows. I self-plucked in high school, and only years later in college did I realize one brow was totally uneven. How could people let me live like this?! To fix this, I went to a 'professional' at a nail salon (I know, I know, hardly professional when you pay $15 and they hardly speak english) off and on. Sometimes they did a good job, sometimes not.

So here was a chance to have a real expert do it, I jumped on it. And boy am I sure glad I did! Even though I was an awful client that was 5 minutes late, she totally showed grace. She did an AMAZING job people. Seriously. It didn't even hurt. A little bit of wax, some lotion, some tweezing, some snipping, and voila, I loved loved my eyebrows. LOVE them. To the point I might actually pay full price to have them done again.

I was going to give 4 stars, but I realized that was unfair. She is extremely good, and she should be allowed to charge how much she is worth. Thank you Lena, you've shown me some things are worth paying for the professionals to do!
And she responded back with a comment:

HI Brenda,
Thank you for your review. You can't imagine how much I appreciate you for what you said and especially in the last part. Thank you for understanding that I value my work and time as well as my clients. I appreciate every one who see's me because I know they have other choices to go elsewhere. I am always grateful for having a business where I can make men and women feel good about themselves after getting their eyebrows done. Thank you thank you!!!

Making me feel like I had done my good deed for the day, but that I got that FB message. And what did it say?

Hey Brenda!
Just wanted to extend the another $17 brows offer to you for the next time... I'm hoping that'll help!
Just because... I love you! LOL
Nah, it's a Thank you for the awesome review!
Lena :)

How totally cool is that?

God's cool. After a rough morning of:
- waking up on 4.5hrs of sleep, (totally my fault I know, but still hard)
- going to church on a not-full stomach (wanted to get there at a decent hour so skipped the usual oatmeal and OJ breakfast--see earlier comment about lack of sleep)
- not wanting to talk to people after church (was crazy hungry-like stomach pain hungry and didn't want to be around people while they ate delicious after church food, and the thought of having to talk to people did not sound like fun)

The day ended pretty nicely. Now I'm off to sleep, follow-up appt in the morning with Oral Surgery, lots of questions for them :)

Be blessed!

No comments: