09 March 2011

Desensitized...

Tonight's midweek was a movie. I'm not sure what the title was, but it was about a seminary teacher who traveled from the 1890s to 2000. He was appalled at how much society had taken God out of it. God and prayer out of schools, government, businesses, and especially tv/movies. It made me realize how desensitized we have become to entertainment. People swear, and show cleavage and make out in front of us and it's no big deal. But it is. OR at least it should be. Makes me think about what I watch for "entertainment" and how much it really can affect the way I think. Instead of focusing on what we should be as the Word commands: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. (Phil 4:8) we think about how all sorts of unadmirable, or not excellent, definitely not pure, or praiseworthy. But can I respond to this teaching? Will I change my ways, what I watch on hulu and netflix? That is the more important question here. *sigh* Picking up my cross and following Him was never meant to be easy...and this is part of dying to myself... I just hope God gives me the desire and conviction to follow through. :/

On a different leg... I've realized I've gotten very happy with my deal purchases. Thus far I've purchased $60 to BluWater Grill, $30 to Tenyaku, $20 to Downbeat Diner & Lounge, a 75 min massage with scalp treatment at Apeautique, a mani/pedi at Beautiville (one for me, and one for my girl Natasha--although somehow it got mixed up and sent both of them to her as a gift...), and a cut & highlight at the Beauty Bar. I am looking forward to driving and taking advantage of these beauty ones before I go back to work. You know, like a makeover!! Except for half the price ;) Today PlayHawaii is offering a 2-hour pikake oil-infused Swedish massage from Kapononui LomiLomi for only $65 (an incredible deal considering it's normally $167) plus the fact that it's 2 hours. I definitely want to take advantage of this, but it's a little more than what I like to spend on these deals...plus I have an awesome masseuse that I'd like to use regularly at Calm Studio Spa, and you know how that goes :) I feel bad enough I'm cheating on my hairdresser...

Anyway. Today was a lazy day. Mother Nature paid her monthly visit, which I think might have contributed to my overly tiredness, or the fact I went to bed at 3am last night, or the fact that I have this weird lingering coughing up stuff/clear liquid coming out of my nose relatively constant. Either way, I slept, woke up took some codeine, went back to bed, woke up, actually Shredded Level 1 today, paid for it in pain, took some ibprofeun, took a shower, laid down, went to midweek, then here I am. So...lots of sleeping. Sadly, I missed going to visit my coworker in the hospital as she was discharged around 2, but I didn't wake up until 230. I haven't heard a lot from her, except this morning, saying the pain was sucky, then I missed her responding telling me she was awake (alas, I wasn't!). Oh well, guess I'll have to visit another time at her house, once I'm legal to drive.

Time for some reading before I head to bed...it'll be nice to sleep before 3 am :)

*edit* (after reading, which was an awesome reminder that God heals in his time, and that I am called to simply obey.

But I forgot some of the food highlights :)
-Tomato soup is a nice change to blending food. I can simply drink it in a cup, without having to use a syringe. It's nice.
-In the season of monthly addiction to chocolate, I have gotten creative...because quite frankly, chocolate milk just doesn't cut it for me. I can actually fit small pieces of chocolate into my mouth, through the hole on the right side where I'm missing my three back teeth. Totally awesome. Successes: mini reese's peanut butter cups and whoppers. Failures: reese's pieces (the hard shell is not delicious as I wait for it to dissolve).
-Oddly enough, I crazy love strawberry milk, generally with 1% (somehow not as good with fat free). A little cup of milk with a squirt of liquid nesquik...sooo....yummy. I'll let you know how it tastes with 2% since the hubster accidently purchased that today.

No comments: