22 March 2011

FOUR weeks...and my 200th post!

It's hard to believe that I've written 199 random posts (not including this one) since I've started this blog 3 1/2 years ago. Wow. I do know I've written one every day since this surgery. That's crazy.

Anyway. It's been four weeks since the surgery (and I go back to work this Friday). And what do I have to show for it?

My work email is so full, it's bouncing back emails to the original senders (that's a way to make someone mad!). And a PC that up until 20 minutes ago, it wasn't working. But apparently my friends got it to work, too bad it's in Makakilo right now.

Four books that I'm in the middle of trying to read: Lord I Want to Know You More by Kay Arthur, Spiritual Leadership by Henry and Richard Blackaby, Praise Habit by David Crowder, and Enjoying Where You Are on the Way to Where You Are Going by Joyce Meyer.

A binder filled with my SOS readings for Unit 2 that has remained in my backpack since my last day of work.

Five groupons, one livingsocial deal, one hotdeals hawaii, and one playhawaii deal. Most of which are food, and one is being redeemed tomorrow! (Hair cut and highlights @ beauty bar).

Lots of canned items in our kitchen, as well as drinks in the fridge.

Finally crossing the 160 threshold, into the 150s. (and DETERMINED to not "gain it all back" when I am cut free)

A lot of emotional ups and downs, not to mention spiritual ones too.

A newfound passion for tennis, even if I'm not that great at it. However, I am told I "look" good when I hit the ball.

A renewed interest in make-up... we'll see how long that lasts when I start working again.

A new favorite clothing store: Banana Republic Outlet.

Two returned iPads, and one iPad2 in transit.

That's all I've got right now. It's getting late, and my pain meds are kicking in.

Just want to let you know how incredibly blessed I am. Sometimes I forget that. I get so caught up in the now, and my stupid emotions (no, you shouldn't follow your heard, because your heart is deceitful above all things! Jer 17:9) that I forget all of what God has done. Today made me remember that. Girls came over to play tennis with me. A far away friend had a care package mailed to me, filled with bath time goodies. I got to enjoy a nice vanilla soak this afternoon. Two friends drove all the way out from Makakilo this evening to help me with my computer problems (see above comment about work email). I also got to catch up with them, and plot about my future apple purchase.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

:) Your bloggy was the first one I'd ever read and I thought and still think it's the coolest thing ever! I hope you have a great first day back to work and I'm proud of your 150's!!!! :)