03 March 2011

Ginger Rush

Seriously, sometimes I cannot get over how good Govinda's Ginger Rush it. It just helps me cleanse the pallet, and it makes me feel good about me taking care of my stomach and all of its inner workings.

Marcus had told me that Mark told him if you had purchased an iPad in the past 14 days you could return it for an upgrade to the iPad2. He did fail to mention the 2 doesn't come out until next Friday. So in all my excitement I told him that was a great idea and we should definitely do it (why not, price was practically the same, and the 2 has double camera!) Needless to say I wasn't thinking about the fact that Marcus had bought the iPad from the NEX, not the Apple store. But my faithful husband, who aims to please, took the iPad back to the NEX while I napped. When I woke up I texted him to ask how it was going, he said he had returned the iPad and was at the Apple store. Apparently, they didn't have the 2 (because it hasn't come out yet, but neither of us knew that) so he figured it was NEX lack of stocking so he went to the Apple store. That's when they broke the news to him. He was not a happy camper. In my head, I thought he was going to purchase a new iPad from the Apple store, and then we would just return it and get the 2 next Friday.

Nope, he came home without one. But it was good, because it made me think about if we actually needed it (or actually wanted it). Seriously, I use it while I'm in bed, for some internet browsing, maybe checking my emails, but mostly for Pandora radio (sleep music! It did wonders for me in the hospital, so I'm continuing it on). Well after some thinking and frustrating conversation, I figured when we went to Whole Foods to get juices (since we couldn't make it to the commissary earlier after Tripler), I'd stop by Apple to get a new battery for my laptop (I basically can use the internet on it for about 15-20 minutes before it shuts down). But after talking with the lady, and realizing I do enjoy my toy (I just like keyboards), we opted to get the iPad again (simplest one, 16G w/wifi), but I purchased it so next week I can go and exchange to get the 2. Or something. I'm actually hoping to purchase it online, and have it shipped to me... seems like a good idea right? I won't have to worry about a line? But I am concerned about how long I'll have to wait between ordering time and delivery time... What if I order on Friday, but it won't come for 2 weeks or something! I'd have to return this one my March 14th in order to get refund... But anyway. We'll see.

Also something I want to rave about is websites like groupon, play, and livingsocial (I'm sure there's more, but I use those). These sites hook up with businesses in cities to provide discounted services. For example, today they had an offer where you could get a haircut and highlights at a salon for $60 (normally $120). So you basically get things half off. Another good example is $60 for $30 at a restaurant. You pay $30 but you get $60 credit at that restaurant for food (you don't get change back). It's a good way for businesses to promote themselves and get people to come check out your business. There's generally a minimum that has to be met, like at least 30 people had to purchase the hair cut in order for it to go through, and if there isn't enough people than you get your money back if you had tried to purchase it. I first used this to have Marcus' truck detailed for his birthday. Then I used it to get $50 worth of stuff at Nordstrom Rack for $25 (seriously, awesome deal), as well as getting my eyebrows done by an amazing lady for $17 (normally $40, but she was so good that I'm willing to go back to her and pay full price. Amazing right? This thrifty person paying that much, but we'll wait until they're out of control and need the help of a professional :P).

Anyway, I definitely think those sites are great for people like me, who are thrifty but like to splurge on occasion. But I don't feel guilty about splurging, because I got such a great deal.

That's it for now. Time for some quiet time and sleep. Tomorrow morning-ish Marcus and I are going to go for a little walk and start doing a small free-weight workout (well small for me). I need to make sure I keep some muscle on me!

Okay, I lied random side note. You know how we go through things in order to help other people go through them? Last night I was texting a coworker who will be having oral surgery on the 8th. Sometimes she can really stress herself out, but she's very excited about having this surgery and getting her bite fixed. She has a really bad underbite, and in fact her surgery is so extreme they will be breaking both her top and bottom jaw, as well as her chin. I have nothing to complain about. But it was nice to talk to her to give her some heads up about things, what to bring to the hospital to make it more comfortable, and just answer any questions she had. I wasn't really thinking anything about it, but when she said something along the lines of, "I'm so glad I have someone to talk to that has gone through this," I seriously was so blessed. Humbled, that I could be used to bless someone else.

Thanks Daddy. For allowing my experience to be used to bless someone else.

I had this first verse posted a few days ago or something, but I think it's appropriate to post more that goes with it...

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments: