13 March 2011

Tennis anyone?

Today was the all-women's tennis club...at our place. I wasn't looking forward to it since I'm often awake late at night, and sleeping in during the mornings. But M was at work, so it was up to me to be downstairs. I figured, I might as well make the best of it and try to play some, so in preparation I took some codeine before heading downstairs and boy was it worth it. Before you get all nuts, we don't play like hours of tennis. It's some drills, games... and that's about it. So nothing super intense. Still fun, still gave me some time in the sun, and made me feel good (for getting out, and getting the blood pumping). Thankful for that this morning.

Then put the kid down, showered and I went down for an almost four-hour nap! Guess I needed it (for getting 6ish hrs of sleep). M came home and let me sleep, until the girls (Janyne and Rachel) had come over to watch the kid. Like a great husband he is, he asked if I wanted something to eat (since we know how well I take care of myself while he's at work...hey, I had a bottle of yogurt smoothie after tennis). So I thought perhaps refried beans and chicken broth would taste good, eh--super salty though. Went for the original cream of chicken w/chicken broth blended. And of course, some good ole strawberry milk. I'm not quite sure what it is, but something about the nesquik syrup, and squirting it into the cup, and being able to mix it just right (the pre-packaged kind is way to sweet)...oh man. It's like heaven in my mouth. I could just drink strawberry milk, all day. That would be my diet.

Sachi picked me up for some reading, while M headed out to hang with his man-friend (and wife). It is always nice to get out of the house and read, but tonight I was a little convicted about needing to get out to read. Lately I haven't been very faithful reading at home, which is actually where I spend most of my time, and tend to have more free time (since my mom watches kid). But of course, I tend to find *lots* of other things to do... I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day, of spending time with Jesus, not just when I'm at CB&TL (the most amazing coffee shop ever btw). Then came home, and once mom put the kid to bed, I went ahead and gave her a pedicure. I think it blessed her (which is the ultimate goal). M got me thinking a while ago when he told me that when I make him mad, he tries to do something nice for me... so whenever someone makes me mad, I try to do something nice for them. Doesn't always work, but sometimes. Tonight, was actually kind of nice talking with mom...it ended well, despite her earlier conversation...

Mom: You're really looking good honey! The dieting is working.
Me: It's not really a diet. I'm just eating liquids.
Mom: Oh yes, I guess so. I don't know how you do it, I couldn't stick to it 24/7
Me: Uh, I don't have a choice. *walks away*

Yep, sometimes she just has a way with words. :D

And on that note, I'm going to head to bed. G'night!

No comments: