07 April 2011

Prayer Request...

Well hello there... it's come to my attention that I need to request some prayers... and go to Abba Daddy, who holds the world in his hands...

Here's the thing- I don't know if I've said it, but my appointment on Monday didn't quite go as well as I had expected. I could have sworn that the docs mentioned this would be the last big surgery, and all other work could be accomplished in a clinic style. However, this past Monday, it did not seem that was the kind of work that needs to be done.

Because my bone snapped during surgery, they couldn't do the bone graft, I had thought they were able to use the artificial bone to help take the place... but on Monday the doc said we'd have to do another bone graft, AND remove the little bar that is holding my two bones together (apparently they cannot do the implants with this bar in my mouth).

My first prayer request is that my bone would grow on its own. That they wouldn't need to do a bone graft. That the only thing the doc would need to do is remove the little bar.

Now, all this seems overwhelming (and really it is), but the kicker that kind of throws me for a loop... an MEB. A group of people get together and review my medical records to see if the Air Force should retain me or medically separate me. The whole reason this is an issue is because I haven't been deployable for over 400 days, [and another surgery could delay my deployability]. When I told my oral surgeons that they want to MEB me...they immediately asked me, "Do you want to get out?" To which I responded, "NO." Then they told me not to worry about it then...

The kicker is I can't PCS if I'm in the middle of an MEB. I don't know how long it will take, and all sorts of things...

My second prayer request is that God would grant me peace in the midst of all this extra anxiety. I already know that He is in control, and that he works all things out for the good of those who love Him... but my anxiety and frustration is kind of high. I am really starting to look forward to this assignment, it looks and sounds like a lot of fun, and such a different experience...I'm scared that if an MEB does happen, and I'm delayed PCSing, then maybe I'll lose my assignment (that I'm really looking forward to...) I mean, ultimately the prayer is, "Not my will, but yours be done," but you know...it doesn't hurt to ask :)

And of course, I'm sure many of us (especially military) are concerned about this whole budget thing... You know it's a big deal when your commander talks to you... so... prayer for a budget to go through so we don't have to go to work for free...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it :)

No comments: