25 June 2011

Twas the night before...

The Firecracker Sprint Triathlon...and I'm thinking, "Man, I wish I had done more races...."

I was going through this catalog that has all the races in Hawaii, and I'm thinking that racing in KY & TN will just not be the same. My only saving grace is 1) My Tri Inspiration and mentor Neil will be living about 4-5hrs away from us and 2) there is a Half Ironman in New Orleans, April 2012. Baby, you better believe I want that thing. *sigh* then I think... but I have to have another surgery...will that get in the way of *another* half ironman?

Anyway. Tomorrow morning I will attempt to finish 500m swim, 20k ride, and 5k run. Now, I don't really run since that one time I totally overdid and was in lots of pain for like 2 days and went back to see the doctor. But I have a feeling I have too much pride in me to not at least *try* running tomorrow morning. Let's face it, 3 miles is a long distance to just walk... you know? haha. Perhaps good training for my PT test July 8th. Ay ya! That's another procrastination story...

I'll probably wake up with that "racer's regret" - I get it every morning when I wake up early. The whole, "WHY do I put myself through this?!" haha. I pay money, to be in pain, and get a tshirt. Niice.

Okay, gotta get some rest...

Did you know the second night before the race is a big deal for sleep? So not the night before the event, the night before that. Just FYI. :D

No comments: