27 July 2011

Day 1- Couch to 5K



Well, today was day 1 of the Couch to 5k program. Basically, 5min brisk walk warm-up, then 8 sets of 60 sec jog and 90 sec walk (totally 25 min workout). I'm glad I'm doing this program. I think if I were on my own trying to get back into running (I'm finally at that "cleared" point again when I can run with my jaw healing), I would push too far, too fast, too hard. Ending up injuring myself or something. So, it's good to do this with a plan, and slowly :) Granted, I should (and hopefully will) continue to do some "hard" cardio when I'm not Couch to 5k-ing it... like elliptical, swimming, and biking. I'm just glad I have this other officer in my building that helped motivate me to workout. Plus we walked to the track (instead of driving), so that was my 5min warmup. Afterwards, I attempted his ab workout (phewey! I could only do 38 situps in a minute after my track workout :/ which is barely passing my Air Force fitness PT test minimum). Like I said, glad to have a workout "buddy" I guess. We'll see.

There are a couple classes offered at the other gym I'd like to go to, like a "Core" class, Zumba, an "CC30/30" (30 min cycling/30 min circuit training), and a "EFX45" (45min high intensity cardio class). We'll see how those go, they're only offered after 5pm, which today I worked out around 4 and it was nice. Although, this tiredness and lack of sleep through the week, I decided to stay home (instead of going to Calvary Chapel's midweek service). So perhaps I'll keep the CT5K workouts for W/F/Sun so I can do gym workouts in the latter evening hours without missing fellowship and the word. For now, there's always podcasts :D.

I had intentions of posting some pictures for a faithful reader, she's so stuck on seeing pictures of my room (it's like a hotel 6 really)...but I can't seem to find the picture uploader thingy. Don't tell the hubby... ah hah! Praise the Lord. Right as I was typing "Don't tell the hubby," I remembered what "unforgettable" place I put... and here are the pictures of my room!

Entrance to my room... (on the 5th floor...I often take the stairs...)

Right when you walk in, looking to the right.

When you walk into the room, on the left side is a closet, decent sized (I guess it's walk-in, since I can walk in it :P)

Coming in through the door, past the closet. Beyond the fridge on the left is the bathroom.

Bathroom. Small, wish the sink was a little lower (I'm used to Hawai'i's short sinks I guess :P)

View from the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also have a mailing address down here. So if you want to send packages, flowers ;) lemme know... I'll email it to you.

That's it for now. Prayer request for faithfulness with time: quiet time in morning (getting ready in time), going to bed on time (to help with earlier statement/awake in class/learning), & working out.

Good night!





1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your little home away from home!!!