18 November 2011

You never know...

I admit that recently I've had a lot of fears about driving in the mainland. Well, I've always had this thing about getting into car accidents... and don't get me wrong, that's totally unBiblical. Throughout the Bible God calls us to cast our fear on Him (1 Pet 5:7), to fear no evil (Ps 23:4)...

So today I was thinking, "If I got into an accident, and had to have surgery, would they do my jaw surgery at the same time? Man that'd be great. Probably not though, because they'd have to get consent, and I can't even figure out if I want my bone, cadaver bone or BMP." A few minutes later I was crossing two lanes of oncoming trying to get into the turning lane...but apparently I didn't see the car coming in the second lane, because as I tried to turn my truck, I saw a vehicle speeding towards me. I froze. But not really. Because in a split second my first thought was to speed up and hurry getting into the middle lane, but I couldn't confidently say that I could put my foot harder on the gas and steer the truck into the turning lane without hitting someone else. So I took my foot off the pedal and I braced for impact, trying to turn my body away from the driver side door, because I was about to get Tboned.

Thankfully, the young man heading straight for me, veered to his right, causing him to hit the back of the truck and spin me a little.

I called Marcus to tell him I had been in an accident, some people stopped by the side of the road to ask if I was okay... someone stopped to call the police, and this older man swore that the kid was speeding...

I was so shook up. If he hadn't veered, I wouldn't be walking out of the accident.

The truck definitely took a beating. The wheel is bus up (it wobbles), the alignment is gonna be all off..the bumper is torqued and bent up...it's quite the sight. I'm grateful I was in the truck and not the matrix. I'm grateful I wasn't in the matrix driving the kid home, because this story would not have ended nearly as well as it is now.

So I end the night, sore but grateful. Shook up, but blessed. And ultimately reminded, it's all in His hands.

Fear you not; for I am with you; be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Beyond glad you're okay. Thank you God for taking care of my Brenda!