16 December 2011

Flurries of life

My trip to Ft Bragg reminded me there was an opening for a TDY I need to go to in January. I was supposed to go to this class, but was later told that there was no funding for my spot, so I wasn't going. At that point, we scheduled Marcus for his trip to Hawaii, so I am going to be a single parent for a few weeks during that time (also reminding us we needed to organize full time day care for Zeke...and he had moved down on the base list, so we'd have to explore other options.

After returning from our trip, Thursday morning I got a call from our Senior NCO saying there were now TWO slots available, and the higher ups were interested in filling it, especially since I hadn't gone yet, and needed to go. I told him I don't have anyone to watch Z full time, even though I need to make a family care plan. He encouraged me to seek all options. I told him my next surgery is probably going to be in January, in which case he responded, "Wouldn't it be easier to have surgery after this training?"

In a way he was right. My next surgery will take me out of the running for about 6months (literally)... but seriously, who was gonna watch the kid?

Marcus and I immediately asked others to pray, and then asked God for wisdom, guidance, and to make it super obvious.

And super obvious He did.

By Thursday early afternoon we had asked my mom to come out to TN to watch Z (after also considering my dear friend's parents-but realized my mom would probably flip at someone else watching Z for an extended period without her being an option). Thankfully, the tickets for 12/24-01/18 were like $700, super cheap compared to $1200+ and even less than what we paid for Marcus to fly out for drill in January.. It was looking up. But the Holy Spirit told me to wait on buying the tickets (her coming out, would also delay Zeke's enrollment in FCC, the fulltime home daycare Z would start Jan 3). I was also waiting for the docs to call me back. I had left a message Wed afternoon saying it'd been 1.5weeks since my last appt and I was waiting for a follow-up.

It was decided, Friday morning I'd head to work to email my boss and SNCO to let them know we'd be good to go. I could go to training. I left for work and before I even got on the main road, my doctor called me. He said that my bone was slightly fractured... I pulled over into the next neighborhood.

Essentially, there was a small fracture in my jaw. My bone had also disintegrated or, dissolved as there was nothing forcing it to work... and the little bar that was holding my jaw together after the third surgery, was now underneath the bone (as opposed to on it). My bone is now pencil thin.

I asked him, "Well, if I were to go to a month long training where I have to wear a helmet, IBA, and play Army... perhaps I shouldn't go?" He agreed...my next appt would be after Christmas, and my surgery would be in January. More info to come after said appt.

So I got off the phone, and called my SNCO. Then called Marcus. Headed home. Eventually called mom to say that for now, her trip is cancelled. More prayer to come regarding that. She wanted to come for surgery help, I don't think it's necessary since Z will be full time childcare. We'll see how God leads.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea... The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress...Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Psalm 46

No comments: