25 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

And what a Christmas it was indeed! Our first one together, that we didn't spend in Hawaii. It was hard, especially on me missing the church family so much... here's the run down.

Bestie and her family were visiting her parents about 45min away... so we joined in their festivities for their family dinner 12/23. That was super fun. Her daughter is about 3 days older than Z, so my friend and I were preggo together, but she looked better and had way more fun than I did.

Christmas Eve we cruised around the house a lot, Zeke opened one present, we went for a ruck march (I'm trying to get up to doing 6miles with 35lbs on my back in 90 minutes). We only did 3.65mi and it was pretty slow, but it was better than not doing *anything* that day... other than Christmas Eve service at Awaken. Afterwards we headed home and after talking to the Christmas Santa (aka my mom), she said we could open all presents Christmas Eve since our Christmas day was pretty packed.

Needless to say, Zeke got a lot of Thomas the Train Mega Blocks stuff (which means a billion little pieces for parents to pick up around the house), I got a bunch of Rachel Ray cooking stuff to add to our collection, as well as perfect perfume and earrings from Marcus :D love them! Unfortunately he has to wait a couple days for his present-flying to Hawaii for our the Refresh retreat.

Christmas day meant we were driving to Princeton, KY to Sarah's parents' church for service at 1000. We had no idea that there wouldn't be childcare. If I knew, I don't think I would have joined them... but it wasn't too bad. But just imagine my squirmy climbing kid... sitting on the balcony of a Southern Baptist church.. Seriously thought he was going to go overboard, or someone would yell at us or something. But we survived. Then headed to the Segree Sanctuary (her parents' house down the road) for lunch and some hangout time. We were going to go for a leisurely "yog" until I got the dreaded phone call... actually... it was a call on my personal cell because apparently the severe wx standby phone, was forwarding every call to someone else... Either way, our hang out time was cut very short, as I had to rush to work to try and fix some communication things.

Thankfully my boss and a few others were super helpful in trying to get things up and running, and after 3hrs, I was able to go home. Still slightly funny that it was my first week on standby, and I get called in (during perfectly good weather)... on Christmas day. I feel officially initiated into the det. Just saying. ;)

We showed a little late to the Varble Christmas dinner... but seriously. The food was so delicious, the company was so fun... and I'm so glad God made me talk to Viv that first Wed night we went to service.

Now, it's late...and I'm about to finally put the kid down. Eeps! Sooo late! *night night*

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: