13 March 2012

Twas the night before surgery...

When I stuffed my face- quite literally. We knew we were spending the night at our friends' Bekah & Gregg in Nashville, so we had asked them to join us for dinner at the Melting Pot. Delicious cheese dip, and the meat part was okay, and then the dessert--was totally awesome! We had a ying yang with dark & white chocolate sauce. Totally awesome- with the strawberries, banana, marshmallows, cheesecake, rice krispies, pieces of brownie and red velvet cake. Definitely blessed by their willingness to eat with us, and more importantly- open their home to us. Such a HUGE blessing.

And of course I wanted to enjoy a Chick-fil-a spicy chicken sandwhich before the surgery-since we normally eat one on Saturday after the Farmers Market- but it didn't work out that well... so I had half of one tonight.

Of course, I cannot end the night without a huge mahalo to the Stanleys. For taking in our little man. There was definitely a fiasco with our original plan having a potential illness, and of course with The Uprising all of our church friends which would normally be totally willing to watch Z under normal circumstances, but as one friend said, "I'm not even watching my own kid for 48hrs." :D

Anyway. Prayers to not be a cranky patient...and to focus on Jesus through this time. Many thanks!

No comments: