11 November 2012

Aloha `oe...

It's that time again, when I have to say goodbye to the Islands with a heavy heart.

But this time, it feels a little bit heavier than normal-since I had to leave Marcus and Zeke behind, for the longest time ever. It was the hardest thing to give a hug and kiss goodbye to Z as he was upset he couldn't get on the plane (he loves traveling & they had family passes so they went to the gate with me), and then to kiss my love goodbye as he whispered in my ear, "I love you."

I don't think any military training prepares you for that.

So for now, we will call and skype, and then when I actually leave for AFG, we'll be juggling a 14.5hr time difference and work/school/fitness requirements on my end. BUT... I am confident of this, my God is bigger than all of that... and right now, that's what I'm holding on to.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. - Deut 31:8


No comments: