17 November 2012

Howzit... from Manas, Kyrgyzstan

While, I've joined the transitioning ranks of many before me. On the way to Afghanistan, I'm stopped over in Manas, Kyrgystan.  My travels started in Nashville, (if you don't count my travel from Honolulu to Nashville over Veterans' day weekend), then to Baltimore. Then Germany, Turkey and now here.  We're waiting for more information about when we're likely to head out to Afghanistan, and I've been awake since about 0330 local time. My body is all out of whack, I was so exhausted around 10am but I tried to press through it, had lunch and then swore I was going to take a nap...and somehow I got distracted.  Anyway, now it's 4pm and I'm waiting for my laundry to be done in the washer.  All I actually have is a brief tonight at 10pm... and sine my laundry is all done, I'm about to get my legs waxed!

Aloha, and let me know if you'd like my mailing addy to send some love ;)

*Update: 2257- I did get my legs waxed, and the poor lady... I used my lotion bar on my legs after my shower (cocoa butter, mango butter, coconut oil, & beeswax)... needless to say I made it very difficult for her to wax my legs.  Thankfully she was gracious, and I gave her a big tip, cause I felt bad for her. She kept teasing me about how much lotion I used :D

And I'll be heading out in the morning. Seems like my next post will be from Bagram!

No comments: